Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Foot massage

March 29, 2010

My friend, Alex, recently visited me in Shanghai on a business trip. One of the things I did with her was get foot massages from a very upscale massage parlor. The masseuses were well-versed in reflexology. From feeling our legs, necks, and feet, they could tell these things:

Me: I have a knot in my neck that is making me more tired than normal. I need a good night’s sleep. At one point, the masseuse pressed on a certain spot on the bottom of my foot, and as I writhed in pain he said, “Oh you must like drinking. That is your liver.”

Alex: She likes eating meat. She is very tired and needs to sleep more (jet lag). She never wears socks (she is from LA). She likes beer. She needs to drink more water.

All of these things are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment