Monday, April 2, 2012

The Date

January 23, 2010

My date with Sword was interesting. Sword is a friend of mine who I have known for about 10 months. His English is good but not great. We went to a pretty established Taiwanese restaurant called Charmant. Then we went to a really awesome rock show at Mao Livehouse featuring some bands from Beijing, including 24 Hours and PK14.

Here are some of the things Sword said to me over the course of the dinner:

“I dont understand why the director of James Bond hasn’t contacted you yet to be in his movies.”

“Colgate toothpaste should hire you for a commercial.”

“I watch The Hills and think to myself, ‘This must be what Lindsay’s life was like when she lived in LA.”

“Do you know why the earth is lively? Because you are the Princess of the Earth, and when you open and close your eyes, you spread fresh air into the world, and you allow everyone to live and breathe.”

He could also relay to me the first, second, and third times he saw me in Shanghai before he met me.
I spent the entire dinner smiling uncomfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment